Friday, March 7, 2014

Learning to be righteous



Learning to be righteous

Job 1-42

Small devotional.

Before Job was tested, God asserted the enemy that there was no man like Job. Job was righteous and God found no fault with him. In fact, The devil had to get permission from God to test Job. The devil was hoping that Job would deny God; therefore, making God wrong. However, Job knew that no matter what was taken from him that God was good. And that God would never fail him. Ultimately in this story of much sorrow and pain. God won! God was right about him, Job was a righteous man.

Righteous: morally right or virtuous

I believe that in order for us to be righteous we have to pursue God. To pursue God means to get to know him: spend time with him, learn from him and talk to him. For example, I learn things about my husband by spending time with him and learning new things through our communication. Spending time with our significant other is the ideal way to get to know them. This is the same with our relationship with God. We have to build a close relationship with him through prayer (talking with him) and reading scripture (getting to know him). Another key way to pursue God is through relationships. In Genesis 1:27, it says that we are created in Gods image. God has certain attributes such as love, righteousness, and mercy that I obtain. When I pursue godly relationships I allow God to teach me something from the other person and allow him to work through me for someone else. As Christians we need to learn to be Christ-like. When Jesus roamed the earth he surrounded himself with the godly people teaching them to further themselves in godliness. And he pursued the sinner: the demon possessed, the prostitute, the tax collector. Therefore, I believe that as we continue this journey we can find godliness in the relationships we build. Both to edify and to be edified.

I know God is worth the pursuit. He gave me a unique purpose to do something extraordinary for him. Ultimately God gets the glory, while we reap all the benefits of obedience. It's like when your children obey you and that feeling inside makes it inevitable to reward. As parents we want to reward our children for the good they do. May it be with a hug, a high five, a complement, or with a fun toy. And no matter what circumstances your child will get into next, inside he still has that innate desire to please his parents. I encourage you today to pursue your Heavenly Father. Create time to talk to him, to read his instructions in scripture to make your day worth being a godly wife, mother and friend. Righteousness isn't easy to pursue but I can promise you this God is glorified by your strive for goodness.

Today hear Abba say, "I AM so proud of you. My sweet precious princess your pursuit for goodness is not in vain. The early mornings you wake up with your little ones, I see it. And I am there. When your cleaning, cooking, teaching your children...I see it and I am there. I know your heart because I made it! I find pleasure in your pursuit of me. When you make time in the morning before the "chaos" begins or at night when your so tired from the days work. Or even when you are so tired and you remember to talk to me whenever you are...I see and I am there. And today I remind you that I love you and I find pleasure in what I created in you. You are mine and one and nothing will ever separate you from me."

1 comment:

  1. When you hunger; He feeds. When you thirst; He quenches. When you ask; He provides.

    Be blessed by His love and unending mercy, Liz.

    ReplyDelete